Friday, February 11, 2011

The Hospital

So I did end up calling that right. I'm writing this from my bed at St. Mary's Hospital. This morning I had my first pacemaker in almost thirty years installed. I'm pretty sore from the operation and I'm getting sleepy from the fact that I didn't sleep much last night as well as having been taking pain medication since early this morning. But through all of that I actually feel pretty great. My heart rate is double what it was last night at this time and that fog in my head that seems to have been with me all the time has lifted. The worries and concerns of the last week are all in the past now. The thing is done. It's time to get back to the living. All my restrictions are related to keeping the wound safe. My heart is back to being fine. I'm hoping start taking short walks again this weekend. I want to get out and take some more pictures with the new lens (as long as I can hold it up).

The hospital was great. Everyone was so helpful, friendly and efficient. All of my friends on Facebook kept track of the day's events and gave love and encouragement all along the way. Thank all of you so much. Finally I am struck with just how amazing my wife is for having gotten me to make the appointment for a physical in the first place and then have it moved up when my dizziness started getting worse. I am as ever grateful for all she brings to my life.

So I'm here for a night and then home in the morning. I'll be sore for a few days but it shouldn't be anything I can't handle. (besides they are sending pills home with me)

Kathy took some pictures from inside treatment room. I'm going to clean them up when I get home and post a little gallery tomorrow. Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment